Friday, January 1, 2010

Mexican Rivera Cruise

I graduated from Weber State University in May 2009, and my graduation present to myself was a cruise. I wanted to go to the Mexican Rivera, since I have been to the Caribbean. A random group of 13 young single adults came, and we had the time of our life!! We originally were scheduled to go in May, but 4 days before we were supposed to leave they canceled the cruise... thanks to the swine flu. So we had to wait another month, and left June 21 on a 7-day cruise... a 7-day trip I'll never forget! Here are just a few of the pics I took.


Jaque and I before boarding "The Mariner of the Seas"


One of the many pools on the top deck. It was empty because everyone had gone inside to get ready for dinner.


Me and my best friend Kara on the top deck. It was windy that day!


This area of the ship was called "The Promenade". There were shops and places to eat throughout. It was awesome!


This was our dining room. It was 3 levels high! It's amazing to think this was on a cruise ship!


Part of the group on our way to dinner for formal night. We had a formal night twice during the cruise, which was so fun!


This was our dreamy head waiter, Vi. All the girls loved him! Dinner was one of the best parts of the day. A time when you could order anything you wanted, as much as you wanted, with no price on the menu! It was all included in the cost of the cruise. Heaven!


Our first port was to Cabo San Lucas. We got off our ship out in the ocean, and had to take small boats to the port. The boat felt tiny compared to our ship!


The famous arch in Cabo


The beach we went to was Lover's Beach and Divorce Beach. They were connected, but one was on the Pacific Ocean, and the other on the Atlantic. Swimming was not allowed on Divorce Beach because the waves were so strong and dangerous. We took this pic before the next big wave came in.


Me and my bro riding on the front of the water taxi that took us from the port to Lover's Beach.


Our water taxi taking us from Lover's Beach back to the port. I was a little nervous at first to ride in this, but we made it alive!


After the beach, we went shopping in Cabo Wabo and found a shop that sold Mexican wrestling masks. This is the one I tried on... Nacho Libre!


This is one of my most favorite pics from the cruise!


Our port in Mazatlan. The weather was mostly rainy, but our excursion made up for it. We got 2 hour massages for... $29! It was my first massage, and I loved it!


Puerto Vallarta. The most beautiful port of our cruise.


Our excursion in Puerto was riding zip lines through the jungles of Mexico. It was a blast!!! We rode 14 of them, over the jungles and rivers. Us girls after our training session before riding.


My proof that I did it! The Mexican guys who worked here, told us girls over and over that we were beautiful!


The very front of the ship. Of course we had to re-enact the Titanic!


Pina Coladas on a cruise ship somewhere warm=happiness.


Another snapshot of the inside of the ship. Being there makes you feel like you're somewhere elite- because you are.


We arrived at Salt Lake International safe and sound. It was the best graduation present I could've given myself! And I'm ready to do it again....

6 comments:

  1. Great job on the post Linds! Now I'm ready for a cruise too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You have a blog!! Your cruise looked like so much fun! I'm pretty jealous. You are so beautiful! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo You did it! I am glad I was able to talk you into it. I think your going to like it. How fun you went on a cruise...I think I might have known that. It looks like you guys had a blast.
    Stephanie

    P.S. your blog looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Lindsay glad you have jumped on the bandwagon. I love the pictures of the cruise, maybe one day I will be able to go on one, or some sort of vacation. I am excited to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WELCOME TO THE BLOG WORLD! Its about time girly! I love it, it is so cute! Make sure you keep us all up to date!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the welcomes girls!!! It's good to be on here... I just hope I keep up with it! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete